ukras

 Choir

 

In Christian place of worship there is a place for only one musical instrument-the human voice. Voice of the faithful, who sing the glory of God .

"Singing" of Ascension Church began simultaniously when its sanctification , in March 1863. and continued parallel with liturgical singing up to today. In it is woven the rich history of laymen choirs of church.

Approximately in 1895. here started singing choir "The Fellowship Stankovic". It was led and conducted by mr Stanislav Binički. Friendly cooperation between the people and government of the church lasted for decades and has led to the raising of your home Fellowship Stankovic, in the street Milos the Grand 1, where it remains until today as the music school named after him. Cooperation is thus not closed , so that during the Austrian occupation of Belgrade from 1915. until 1918. choir led by mrs Miroslava Binički . Stanković choir sang at the Church of Assumption, also in the following years.

In the year 1924. the chorus composed of Russians began to sing, who had fled from their homeland. The choir was led by mr Krasuljko and then by mr Ščerbakov. However, Stanković choir, at his request, returned to Ascension Church where it sung until 1927.

From then until the occupation of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1941. in the church sang the Russian choir. These were also professional singers, who sang in the opera chorus. Under the leadership of mr Alexei Grinko, the choir performed a varied program of church singing "beautifully and musically, to the satisfaction of the parishioners and church administration ". At the end of cooperation, the church administration thanked in writing and paid tribute to mr Grinkov and his choir.

The next few months here sang another Russian mixed choir, drafted mr Krasuljko and mr Ščerbakov.

Since the summer 1941st. until the English and American bombing of Belgrade and its special offers church on Easter in 1944. in the Church of Assumption sang mixed choir, compounded from western and northern Serbian refuges from the ustashas Croatia. It was composed , trained and conducted by Svetolik Pašćan, professor of music, and the president was Dr . Nikola Trbojević. It was a great choir of ninety members." ... singing very nice, artisti , and regularly at the Divine Liturgy and the memorial service in the church of the Holy Ascension, and the satisfaction of all. It was the best choir in Belgrade. It was the reason why the Church of the Ascension at the time of worship was always full of believers, even the churchyard ."

For some time the Church was choirless . Later on a small mixed Russian choir sang to on Easter in 1946.

Priest Milovan Mihajlovic in 1946. geather a female choir of twenty members, who sang at the Vigil on the eve of Sundays and holidays. It was the first choir of its kind in Belgrade. He sang bynotes three and four voices . Performed the works of various artists , Aleman , Dvorecki , Manojlovic, Pavlovic, Mokranjac, Pašćan , Archangelsk ... For him, new compositions were writing, and adapted those written for male and mixed choirs . The choir stopped working in 1958. year.

From Ascension Day in 1958. the choir of praying women sang at all Vigils and festive Divine Liturgy , except Sunday . It consisted of pious women in the Church. They sang self-taught by ear in two voices . A lot of love and effort has been invested into working with this choir by late Archpriest Pavle Dožić .

Beginning at Easter in 1946. the male choir Obilic sang in the Church of Assumption. It consists of people from different professions , who during their study were members of the Belgrade Academy Choir Obilic . The conductor was Zarko Cvejić , champion of the Belgrade Opera . The choir had about thirty members. "The voices were great and it was sang with a lot of will and love , beautifully and musically . This has contributed greatly to the church gentleness of beauty in this temple , as well as a good visit of the faithful , who carefully listened to their singing ", at one time this was the best choir in Belgrade . By some appropriate occasion in the year of1971. it was transferred to the church of St. Marko .

"Youth Choir" sings from the year 1971. It was founded by priest of Ascension Church t Dusan Petrovic, and for years it was conducted by Dragan Mladenovic, one of the founders and leaders of the ensemble of the Renaissance, who taught and performed old music. This mixed choir has performed musical pieces of creators of Orthodox sacred music, Mokranjac and others. It was composed of students and high school students with musical education and those with a sense, hearing and voice necessary for the performance of sacred music .

During the previous decades a few hundred people singing changed within the former frame. Some of them were met with Orthodox Christianity and were baptized in it .

The present choir is mixed with about two dozen singers, who sing four-voice . Choir leads and directs Mrs . Jelena Cvoro.

In addition to young people , in the Church of the Holy Ascension of Christ in Belgrade since 2008. the children's choir worked . It consists of fifteen children , most parish churches , and it is run by Mrs . Jelisaveta Arsenijevic . In addition to singing in the church , in some parts of the service , the choir has had several public appearances outside the church , such as the Russian House .    

The aim of the existence of this choir is not only a musical enrichment of children , but also introduction of the rich tradition of liturgical chant to our children . Of particular importance is learning and getting used to the children for their active participation , as believers in worship.

 

 

 

ukras